Saturday, October 28, 2006

All resort-ed out!

We are home after spending a week with my Mom at a resort outside of Tyler, Texas. I just had to say that "resort" word. It is the first time I have ever been to one! It was very nice, but I don't think it was much different from other places except there was more for us to do for free. We got to play tennis, putt-putt, and play archery. We tried our hand at all of them, but played tennis the most. That was "my sport" when I was in junior high and high school. I played on the tennis team at school for a year in junior high. That was enough of the competition for me! But I did play quite a bit with my friends and family. Not quite sure why I quit, just guess that college life and then married life turned my attention in different ways. And then of course the weight I gained with each child didn't exactly encourage me to get back on the court! But I have lost quite a bit of that so it was fun to try to play again. And of course it was neat to show the kids. Malachi and Ben were the most interested for now. Nate was still too intrigued with dropping the putt putt golf ball into its hole! By the third day, Malachi was starting to make contact with the ball more often and could return some of them to me, but we still need to work on his timing. For that matter, we need to work on my timing, too! LOL!

Benjamin played one time for about 30 minutes just trying to bounce and hit the ball and the next day he was starting to make contact too. When he hit them they came right to me, low over the net. I will be very excited to see what he learns since he is starting out so early.

We visited the planetarium on the Tyler Junior College campus and it was a great way to get the kids to ask some questions that we can try to answer in our homeschooling. We were the only ones there, so the worker got to talk to them one on one. We saw how stars die and how black holes are formed. They also explained how stars are rated for their temperature and luminosity. And while we were wandering around looking for a soda, I gave some more photography instruction to Maddie and Ben. And Maddie took her best picture yet! Good shot, Maddie! I can't wait to scrapbook it!

I was so tired after driving all day yesterday that I didn't even unload the truck. I just wanted to go straight to bed. So that is the chore for this morning. Our pipes that drain water out of the house are having problems and backed up into the kitchen yesterday so Mom's Cafe is closed for a few days. I sure hope they fix them fast since we are here all the time and eat almost all of our meals here. But they said they were cast iron pipes under the house and they couldn't just saw into them to fix the problems. So, we'll see. It should make things interesting this week!

Here are a few more shots from the trip! We also went to a Science Discovery Place for them to play. So some of these are from there....


No comments:

Post a Comment