Sunday, November 05, 2006

A week of crosses



This is one of the gifts I ended up giving out at my table at The Tour of Tables this year. It is a charity fund raiser that my church hosts and there are about 18 different tables that are fully decorated by theme. Each hostess decorates her table with her own linens, centerpiece and china. (Unless you are really good at borrowing,. like me!) Maddie and I made these wired and bead crosses, pumpkin fudge and some Christmas cards for the ladies who were sitting at my table. They already have the theme for next year.....Christmas in the City. My city will be Mexico City which is very Me! I will borrow Fiestaware for the dishes (thank you Lee Ann!) and I will try to do justice to the true spirit of Christmas there. My friend Haley has already come up with the idea of taking photos of their cathedrals and decoupaging them onto candle votives..... Hmmmm. Sounds very appropriate to me! The last thing I will show is the card that I made to give away. It was an A-ha moment for me. I had been sitting here at the computer working hard at some designs for the site and I still had much to do in the way of preparations for my table. God just kind of whispered to me..... "Use your gifts to make your gifts!" Well, duh, I had just designed a Christmas card that would be perfect as a gift. So I printed them off and found a new understanding of what I am supposed to be doing to tie all these parts of my life together with a big pretty bow! I love those kind of A-Ha moments!


No comments:

Post a Comment