Tuesday, June 02, 2009


The gentle art of thankful noticing...

This seems like a great way to start my Tuesday. Only two more Tuesdays before we move into our new home so it is certainly an exercise in relaxation and being balanced to stop and notice the little things for which I am thankful in the midst of the change and transition. 

This morning as I drink my cup of java, I am thankful for my husband who let me sleep in this morning as he got the kids ready for school. I love him more and more everyday. 

I am thankful that school is almost over and I will have more time to spend with my kids-playing, exploring, relaxing, crafting and reading. I really only have two things that I am going to put on the list to do with them each day this summer. Those are to read and to walk together. I think I will go through the 100 Lessons book with Nate for his reading, but he has a great start already for Kindergarten, so it will be just a quick thing we do each day to keep him busy.

I am truly thankful that my body and mind are healthy and strong right now. I have had times of disablility and that makes it so much harder to get things done. Even though I am not really enjoying packing, I am thankful that it is not a painful process for me physically. Just thinking about that makes it a bit easier to get over the dread of the work.

I am thankful for books. I just finished the first book in Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series yesterday and started the second last night. It is called The Curse of the Pharaohs. I also began a book that Maddie finished this week that is the first in a series of 7 or 8. It is called Pendragon: The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale. I anticipate quite a bit of time spent by the pool this summer watching the kids swim, so a few new series to read and some new projects to crochet or knit are very welcome.

The last thing I will add to my list this morning is how thankful I am for my job as a Graphic Designer and Media Coordinator at my church. It is a flexible part-time position that is allowing me to stretch my design and publishing skills and to learn the art of webdesign while working alongside my husband and some other great staff members. I love the time I spend in my office and collaborating with such a dedicated team of people. Now I am off to that job with two kids in tow today. And I am thankful they are well-behaved so that it is possible!

I am thankful

No comments:

Post a Comment