Wednesday, June 03, 2009

A studio? Really?





I just added these two new publications to my bookshelf. We are considering converting our garage at our new home into some creative space for the entire family to relax and to be artistic. I am hoping I might glean some low-budget ideas for organization and workspace arrangement by looking at some other studios. I have to be honest. It really scares me because a studio is one of the very few material things I really want in this life. It is definitely on the top of my list and has been for a long time. It is very exciting to consider it, but I also fear that it might not ever happen. And I hate to get excited about things and then get disappointed. 

Wonder what that says about me? Probably that I should get over living life on the "safe side" that assumes things will probably not work out. I think that has been my thinking for some time, and I am trying to break free from such negative thinking. I want to be free to dream and to create without worrying all the time. 

I have made incredible progress these last few months by working on my Freespirit projects in which I have moved away from relying on patterns for my projects. I am going to freely create a few more over the next few weeks as I work on some baby gifts. Baby steps, I guess, but eventually I will soar! 


No comments:

Post a Comment